Effective Instruction


Helping my colleagues be more effective instructors will require me to be a good example of what an effective instructor is. My colleagues need to see me applying principles of effective instruction in my classroom, with my students every day. Helping my colleagues to be more effective instructors will also require me to encourage them, give them advice, and listen to them. Thankfully, I feel that my 4th-grade "team" (colleagues) work really well together and already do this for each other daily. I think that having a positive relationship with your colleagues is also so important to make this idea a reality. This requires team bonding and extra time spent with each other, but our reality is that we are there for each other every single day, we couldn't and shouldn't do it alone. If I didn't have a team that helped me to be a more effective instructor, there would be no way for me to return the favor to them. Relationships are so important in the teaching world. Relationships are important to have with our students, but also with our colleagues. I also believe it is important for colleagues to hold each other accountable and for our students to see that we communicate effectively and stand together as a team. 

Image result for effective instruction

Comments

  1. I agree! It is very important to build relationships and spend time with our teammates. I couldn't go through most days without them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! They are the ones we sometimes need to lean on!

      Delete
  2. I agree! I cannot imagine what it would be like to work with a TEAM that was not really working as a team to lift up and support each other. I also agree that modeling that effective instruction is sometimes the best way to encourage our fellow educators to join. Relationships will make or break the year in the classroom with our students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! I don't know what I would do without my team! I have seen other Teams go through difficulties and it makes the job much harder! Those relationships are big with our students and colleagues!

      Delete
  3. I so agree that building those bonds with your colleagues are extremely important. Our colleagues in our grade level are there to help guide you and inspire you. I am curious to your feelings about how this would change if you were in the TIS/LMS position and how you would continue to build these same bonds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Abby! I think as a TIS or LMS I would have a different team, probably with different dynamics, but I would still want a good relationship with those colleagues even if we werent considered a "team" or need each other quite like we do on grade level teams.

      Delete
    2. Yes we would have a different team but I think that we really need to be broadening that team and reaching all the grade levels at least once a month.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Design